The Walburg Mercsntile Restaurant. Walburg, TX -
The Walburg Mercantile building was built in 1882 by Mr. Hy Doering. The original use of the building was as a mercantile supplying the surrounding farming community with dry goods. Mr. Doering was born in Walburg, Germany, and migrated to America as a young man. Upon his arrival in America he purchased numerous acres north of Georgetown, Texas, the County Seat of Williamson County.
Doering named the town after his birthplace in Germany and built the Walburg Bank, Walburg Mercantile, his home and several barns. He encouraged fellow German immigrants to settle in the area by selling land to them.
Building on this tradition, two German immigrants united to start what has become a dining destination. "The Walburg Restaurant" - MJS Photography
All images in this website copyrighted by MJS Photography. All rights reserved.
The images and/or text may not be copied, transmitted, published, reproduced or used in any way without written permission. Smugmug Customization: jR Customization